Sunday, April 27, 2014

Frozen Bones

I went running in the rain
and the droplets soaked threw my skin to my bone
and it froze.
My bones froze over and now all I feel is cold.

It's been three days.

My skin is warm, but I shiver from my ice sculpted skeleton.
My breath is cold.

It takes a long time for blankets to warm me,
but I long for their company,
in hopes to thaw me

Why is it so cold!?

I went running in the rain three days ago,
but the tips of my fingers and toes are still cold.
I swear that water froze my bones,
froze my senses,
because this doesn't make sense!

I think if I cried, my tears would be ice.

Everyone said I run nice.
They told me what I could do
what I should do
with my talents.

They started making maps for me,
told me what to dream,
and then my bones froze.

The real answer is written in my bones,
but the frost has covered the words,
and that's colder then any temperature.

I went running in the rain
and it froze my bones,
and heart,
and soul.
I don't know where to go
because I'm so cold!

That blasted rain froze my bones.









No comments:

Post a Comment