Sunday, April 27, 2014

Introducing Me, The Real Me

Well hey!
Looks like you know who I am now.
Never thought I would share so much of me with people I hardly know.
Crazy enough, it's not as scary as I thought it would be. Maybe it helps knowing I will be leaving this school pretty soon. But non the less, I want the flow to keep spewing, I want to be brave like Peyton Sawyer, and I want to continue to get to know you. (Now I'll be able to picture a face when I read your words.)
And I want to you to continue to get to know me.
So here goes everything.

Hello, my name is Alena Kay. My middle name (Kay) has been passed down for three generations. I'm not really sure it's significance, but I once convinced someone that my family owned Kay Jewelers. And I like the idea of being the third Kay in the family. Alena Kay the 3rd. 

I really want a pet bird. I would name him Steve.

When I get nervous I say 'Hi' a lot. That or I play with my hair. Or talk a lot. Or go mute. But I'm actually okay with silence. I don't think it's awkward.

I guess I kind of have a boyfriend? I say kind of, because I've never really given that title to someone, so it really freaks me out. Last time I got close to giving that title, I got a broken heart and the title "lets just be friends" in return. So lets just say I've gone on lots of fun dates, with this guy I really like, and it's going well!

I'm the top female sprinter of Lone Peak! That's right, this tiny little girl is an athlete. Like, a legit one. No one really pays mind to the track team, but track is something I'm actually good at. That doesn't happen to me much, so it's a pretty big deal.

I cry a lot. When I get stressed, when something touches my heart, when I'm tired, when I'm super happy, when my friends force me to watch scary movies... it's a problem.

I'm really good at holding back my tears. It's a skill I've practiced for years. My secret is to just blink really fast and distract yourself as much as you can. Tell yourself you have to be strong. And keep your eyes moving.

I love Disney princesses more then normal for my age.

My birth dad left me and mom when I was very young. Luckily I had my grandpa and uncles to look to for that father figure. My mom got married when I was 6, but then divorced when I was 7. Lucky for me though, she's married again! (family trees were way confusing for me as a kid)

So I guess that's a little bit more of me, the real me. Even though I'm not really sure what the 'real me' really means.

I hope you still show me you, the real you. Even if your not really sure what that means.

3 comments:

  1. Freaking heck Alena I love you. I love you as Alena and I love you as Emma Kay. You are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honored you want to be brave like me...i didn't think I was brave though. Thank you for showing your heart, for showing the real you. This makes me appreciate your writing even more than before. This post makes you brave as well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete