Sunday, May 11, 2014

Please Bless

Please bless me with a "love so deep the ocean would be jealous"
Please bless me with healthy children.
Please bless my husband.
Please bless my mother.
Please bless the homeless, and the hungry.
Please bless the lonely.
Please bless our ears to hear.
Please bless our eyes to see.
Please bless our hearts to feel.
Please bless me with enough faith to get by.
Please bless me with confidence
Please bless me with humility 
And Please bless me not to be so greedy.

2 comments:

  1. That was amazing!!! I was in that class last semester; I don't think I wrote anything nearly as beautiful and deep. I especially like the line and the deep symbolism found within- "Please bless our ears to hear. Please bless our eyes to see. Please bless our hearts to feel." That made me tear up. You truly are an amazing writer, you should keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. freaking heck. You're writing blows me away. I wish I was good at commenting but I'm not... Just know you're good. Too good for words.

    ReplyDelete