Tuesday, May 27, 2014

simply said

Have you ever watched time tick by?
Moments. Seconds. Passing by.

I often forget that every moment is a gift and a chance to do something awesome. Every second ticks by. never to be lived again. .. one second.. another.. and another.
just beyond your finger tips.
it sliiiides out of your grip.
blown away like old leaves on a windy day.

and I ask myself, WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I DOING WITH THIS TIME??

so here it is. and here I am desperately trying to fly. I sit on my front porch next to dusty chairs, trying to see art in baseball practice, while I listen to the birds. And I'm praying this makes me creative.

the thing is, my creativity is pure simplicity...
simply because that is beautiful to me.
like tea cups with pink lemon-aid
like scribbled sentences on a page
like looking at the world upside down,
pretending trees are tied down clouds.
like songs sung by birds,
and the winds whistles 'word'!
the river drops base
like a splash to the face
and the fish be swingin their fish hips
stayin hip..
but fish aren't really hip?
anyways
simple like bike rides
and long hikes
simple like the glory,
of getting out of bed each morning.
like pretending the sea is the sky
and fish are birds that fly.
and I don't now if I sound high.
but this is how I think
simple..

So I laid under a tree and I noticed how the sun glistens threw the branches.
I noticed my own fingers stroking the grass, the same nervous motion I usually do with my hair. but the grass is more comforting.
And when I drove home I noticed more then the paved streets. I noticed if I shift my gaze slightly up, I cans see trees, higher I see mountains, higher I see the sky. and I swear I saw a moment flutter by.






1 comment:

  1. "the thing is, my creativity is pure simplicity...
    simply because that is beautiful to me."
    Simply and beautifully put.
    "like songs sung by birds,
    and the winds whistles 'word'!"
    You got me laughing by then. This is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete