Sunday, February 9, 2014

Childhood

Back in the day of childhood, the outdoors were exciting. The sweet breeze, and sway of tress called for me. The grassy earth was perfect for napping, and for dancing. The taste of rain took away pain and that was priceless.

Then one day the outdoors were boring. The taste of gossip smothered on lips was better then the taste of the air. The sound of music beat that of the birds, and the relationship with screens were more real then with people.

Then one day the outdoors were scary. If you went out, you would come back hurt. Storms were harsh and the thunder was loud. The people seemed robotic, their creations chaotic, and inside was the place I hid.

Then one day the outdoors were mysterious. I no longer knew what it was. The trees began to call again.. their song like the voice of a long lost friend. When I tried to listen, the robots would shut me up, and tell me it was nothing.

But it was something

Then one day the indoors were jealous. They noticed  I lingered at the door, that I longed for something more. But they told me comfort was inside. They closed my eyes, made me blind and told me they knew what love was.

Today I'm entangled by wires and plugs. I'm shunned by lip gloss mugs. The inside is cold, and outside is colder, but outside makes me feel alive. So I went out and laid in the grass, and watch the clouds dance and felt my soul dance again. I went to the swings. I talked to peoples faces. I walked to different places and I swear that day I flew. The day I did what children do.




4 comments:

  1. the day i did what children do. this was soo on point. i love and stole the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The taste of rain took away pain and that was priceless."
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything...#stolen!
    loved it all! and way inspired! all so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are most definitely one of my favorite writers

    ReplyDelete