Wednesday, March 12, 2014

If I Was Not Afraid

If I wasn't afraid I would scream! 
I would just yell for no reason! 

And I would enjoy it when all eyes fell on me. I wouldn't feel my cheeks grow hot. I wouldn't even tell them why I yelled! Or heck, maybe I would! Maybe I would boldly tell them my opinion. Maybe I would make a witty joke. Maybe they would laugh because I was calm enough to let my humor shine. Maybe I would share my ideas and people would think I'm really smart. Maybe they would seek my advice and I would bluntly give it.

I would stop using the word 'maybe' so much! 
That's a word of uncertainty. 
And I would be certain. 

I would strut through any haunted house, and sit threw all the scary movies, without being phased.
I would look at you right in the eye, instead of cowardly letting mine flicker away.
I would tell you that you're really cool, because I usually think people are, I just never tell them.
I would eat all sorts of food and always try new flavors instead of letting them clog my airway.
I would be quick and confident in making choices.
I would go and squish that stupid spider!
I would not tear up when I got a shot.
I would sing really loud.
I would dance really crazy.
I would raise my hand in class.
I would go places alone.
I would drive on the freeway more.
I would laugh off any suspicions that somethings lurking in the dark.
I would laugh at the dark.
I would laugh at the devil.

I would do all this and more... if I wasn't afraid...

If I wasn't afraid of creepy crawlies
If I wasn't afraid of people
If I wasn't afraid of needles
If I wasn't afraid of new things
If I wasn't afraid of old things
If I wasn't afraid of being heard
If I wasn't afraid of the devil
If I wasn't afraid of you.

But the truth is.. I'm afraid.
of this...
and much more...






1 comment:

  1. I liked this so much! That person you described-the person you would be-I totally want to be that person!! If only...

    ReplyDelete